Home.
Bin Collections.
Bits & Pieces.
Business Links.
Clubs/Societies.
Community Orchard.
Contacts.
Neighbourhood Watch.
Memorial Hall.
Parish Council.
Parish Portal.
Planning.
Skate Park.
Street Map.
The Village.
Walks.
Where's That.
Weather & Travel.
Wooly News.
Terms & Conditions.
Contact Us.
© Woolaston Parish Council 2017
Community Orchard
Woolaston Community Orchard
A local charity, the Arbourday Trust, with the support of the Parish Council, the Memorial Hall Committee and the Forest of Dean Council has established a Community Orchard for the benefit of the people of Woolaston on part of the land on the other side of the playing field from the Memorial Hall.  
The Hall Committee have agreed to the use of an acre of land and the Parish Council have agreed to look after the maintenance of the orchard for the longer term.
The Trust has been approved for a grant of £5,000 – 80% of the estimated total cost of the orchard and is raising the remaining 20% via local donations and fundraising.
Arbourday are very keen to make as many of the local people of Woolaston as possible aware of the proposal and have already got a great deal of  local support.
The Parish Council and the local Primary School have been involved in the proposal from the outset.
The orchard has been planted with a wide variety of fruit to include local and historical varieties and less common fruits and the intention is that, when the fruit becomes available it will be free to local people.
Current plans include the provision of benches alongside the orchard and a site map to explain the various types of fruit tree planted.
There are a number of other Community orchards in the County although almost all of them are on the other side of the River Severn. Most simply allow local people to come and help themselves, which seems to work well and it is hoped that the same will apply here.
If anyone has any questions about the orchard, or would like to be involved, please contact Robin Larkham on 07706 951532 or Norman Taplin on 07789 637657
The Orchard Layout
No.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Variety
Beth
Ribston Pippin
Nottingham
King James
Summer Sun
Williams
Conference
Marjories Seedling
Beurre Hardy
Marjories Seedling
Winter Nellis
Marjories Seedling
Victoria
Conference
Merton Glory
Merryweather
Painted Lady
Worcester Pearmain
Williams
Winter Nellis
Victoria
Ribston Pippin
Victoria
Adams Pearmain
Ashmeads Kernal
Painted Lady
Vranja
Summer Sun
Merton Glory
Puckrupp Pippin
Prolific
Victoria
Adams Pearmain
Ashmeads Kernal
Juglans
Juglans
Merryweather
Puckrupp Pippin
Sativa
Worcester Pearmain
Type
Pear
Apple
Medlar
Mulberry
Cherry
Pear
Pear
Plum
Pear
Plum
Pear
Plum
Plum
Pear
Cherry
Damson
Pear
Apple
Pear
Pear
Plum
Apple
Plum
Apple
Apple
Pear
Quince
Cherry
Cherry
Apple
Plum
Plum
Apple
Apple
Walnut
Walnut
Damson
Apple
Chestnut
Apple

Members of Woolaston School Unveil Community Orchard Map

A map showing the trees planted in the Community Orchard has been unveiled by children from Woolaston School.

 

 

 

                                                          

                                                       The map is unveiled

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Map with the growing

Orchard behind

 

 

 

 

ORCHARD NEWS

In February Robin Larkham replaced the Walnut that had, unfortunately, died.  It has been replaced by and apple called Arlingham Schoolboys and is, for those who understand these things, on M25 root stock.